· There are 4 field players and a goalkeeper (GK) on the court at all times.
· There is no offside rule.
· League play halves are 20 minutes with 3 minutes for halftime. Tournaments may vary.
· Goalkeeper is allowed one possession, the ball must be touched by a player from the opposing team to allow the goalkeeper to receive the ball again in the defensive half of the court.
· Goalkeeper can only handle the ball (by feet or hands) for 4 seconds in their own half. If they are in opponents’ half, they have no time-possession restriction.
One 60-second timeout per team, per half. FUTSAL 5s HOUSE RULE: NO TIMEOUTS
· Substitutions are made on the fly. Players entering and exiting the field of play must be within 5 yards of one another when substitution is made at the end line or sideline in team’s defensive half.
· During all kick restarts, opposing team MUST give 5 yards of space until ball is in play.
· No punting or drop kicking is allowed. If the goalkeeper saves the ball in live play, the ball must not be bouncing before being kicked.
Ball out of play
· There are no throw-ins. Ball must be kicked back into play.
· Ball must be stopped by hand or foot on the line to be restarted, otherwise it is a foul restart and possession is awarded to other team.
· Team given possession has 4 seconds to kick the ball back into play. Defense must give 5 yards. If the defense is within 5 yards, the 4 second count will begin once the referee is satisfied by the distance.
· The referee will give a visual count with his hand of the 4 second count.
· Goals cannot be scored from kick-ins.
· If the ball hits the ceiling or netting it is deemed out of bounds, the ball restarts from the sideline with a kick-in.
Goal kicks/Corner Kicks
· The goalie is not allowed to kick it back into play, the goalie must throw or roll the ball within 4 seconds of retrieving it to put it back into play.
· The ball cannot be touched until it has crossed the penalty area.
· Opposing team is not allowed in the penalty area during a clearance.
· If opposing players touches ball before it leaves penalty area, GK retakes the throw.
· Goals cannot be scored directly from kick-ins other than corner kicks. If the ball is kicked directly into the goal without touching another player, the ball is out of play as it would be for a goal kick or corner kick.
· FUTSAL 5s HOUSE RULE: Slide tackles are not allowed.
· The only exception to sliding, is if the goalie attempts to clear the ball out of the penalty area. Also, a player can slide when there is no opponent close by. This usually occurs when a player is attempting to save a ball from going out of bounds.
· These will be judgement calls by the official.
· Upon a team’s 6th accumulated foul in each half, penalty kicks will be awarded to the Team from the second spot.
· A player that receives a Yellow Card caution must exit the field of play and sit out of the game for 2-minutes before until the referee signals the 2-minute penalty has been served.
· A substitution can be made for Yellow Card cautions, the game remains 5v5.
· A player that receives a second Yellow Card caution resulting in a Red Card ejection must sit out for the remainder of the game.
· A substitution can be made for the player receiving a second Yellow Card Ejection only after the 2-minute penalty has been served. If the opposing team scores during the 2-minute penalty, the penalty is released. Only eligible players can enter the game.
· A player that receives a direct Red Card Ejection must leave the field and the team must play down a player for the remainder of the game.
· Red Cards require the ejected player to sit out the remainder of the game from which the Red Card was received. The ejected player must also serve a one game suspension in the next scheduled game of the tournament.