· There are 4 field players and a goalkeeper (GK) on the court at all times.
· There is no offside rule.
· League play halves are 20 minutes with 3 minutes for halftime. Tournaments may vary. Teams will switch benches at half-time.
· Goalkeeper is allowed one possession. The ball must be touched by a player from the opposing team to allow the goalkeeper to receive the ball again in the defensive half of the court.
· Goalkeeper can only handle the ball (by feet or hands) for 4 seconds in their own half. If they are in opponents’ half, they have no time-possession restriction.
One 60-second timeout per team, per half. FUTSAL 5s HOUSE RULE: NO TIMEOUTS
· Substitutions are made on the fly. Players must enter and leave the pitch via his/hers own team's substitution zone. The substitute only enters the pitch after the player being replaced has left.
· During all kick restarts, opposing team MUST give 5 yards of space until ball is in play. Except for the kick-off which is 3 meters.
· No punting or drop kicking is allowed. If the goalkeeper saves the ball in live play, the ball must not be bouncing before being kicked.
Ball out of play
· The ball must be kicked forwards on kick-offs.
· There are no throw-ins. Ball must be kicked back into play.
· Ball must be stopped by hand or foot on the line or no greater then 25cm (10 inches) from the touchline to be restarted, otherwise it is a foul restart and possession is awarded to other team.
· Team given possession has 4 seconds to kick the ball back into play. Defense must give 5 yards. If the defense is within 5 yards, the 4 second count will begin once the referee is satisfied by the distance. The referee will give a visual count with his hand of the 4 second count.
· Goals cannot be scored directly from kick-ins. If the ball is kicked directly into the goal without touching another player, the ball is out of play as it would be for a goal kick or corner kick.
· If the ball hits the ceiling or netting it is deemed out of bounds, the ball restarts from the sideline with a kick-in.
Goal kicks/Corner Kicks
· The goalie is not allowed to kick it back into play, the goalie must throw or roll the ball within 4 seconds of retrieving it to put it back into play.
· The ball cannot be touched until it has crossed the penalty area.
· Goals cannot be scored directly from kick-ins other than corner kicks. If the ball is kicked directly into the goal without touching another player, the ball is out of play as it would be for a goal kick or corner kick.
· FUTSAL 5s HOUSE RULE: Slide tackles are NOT allowed.
· The only exception to sliding, is if the goalie attempts to clear the ball out of the penalty area. Also, a player can slide when there is no opponent close by. This usually occurs when a player is attempting to save a ball from going out of bounds.
· These will be judgement calls by the official.
· Upon a team’s 6th accumulated foul in each half, penalty kick will be awarded to the Team. Penalty kick placement will be dependent on where the 6th or more foul took place.
· A substitution can be made for Yellow Card cautions, the game remains 5v5.
· A player that receives a second Yellow Card caution resulting in a Red Card ejection must sit out for the remainder of the game.
· A substitution can be made for the player receiving a second Yellow Card or Red Card Ejection only after the 2-minute penalty has been served. If the opposing team scores during the 2-minute penalty, the penalty is released. Only eligible players can enter the game.
· A player that receives a direct Red Card Ejection must leave the field and will serve a one game suspension in the next scheduled game of the league or tournament.