Futsal 5s League Policies & Procedures
All games are played at the Studio Center Futsal Arena located at 3052 Buckner Blvd. Virginia Beach, VA 23453.The facility features 2 regulation sized futsal courts (102 feet x 60 feet) with a PADENPOR surface. PADENPOR is a seamless synthetic sandwich flooring system which has the potential to reduce stress and injury to bones, ligaments, tendons, and joints.
- To keep the playing surfaces clean and dry, please instruct your players not to wear dirty or wet game shoes into the facilities.
- No ball playing / warm up in facility except on courts.
- Only futsal balls allowed in the facility.
- Please supervise children at all times.
- Only water is allowed in the court area. All other liquids and food must be consumed in the lobby area.
- We encourage outdoor team to split into 2 futsal teams. A sister team is created from an outdoor team that split into two or more futsal teams. If you have a sister team in the league, you may borrow players from the sister team during regular season play under conditions listed below.
- You may only use a sister team player to bring your roster to 6 players including a goalkeeper.
- Goalkeepers may play for the sister team regardless of players available. However, if the sister team has more than 6 players, the goalkeeper must play in goal at all times when on the court for the sister team.
- Rosters are frozen during playoffs. Players cannot use sister team players, with the exception of a goalkeeper who must play in goal.
- 20 MINUTE HALVES, running clock.
- NO TIME-OUTS.
- NO SLIDE TACKLING
- The only exception to sliding, is if the goalie attempts to make a legal save at a players feet. Also, a player can slide when there is no opponent close by. This usually occurs when a player is attempting to save a ball from going out of bounds or sliding in at the back post to attempt to score a goal.
- GOALKEEPERS CANNOT PUNT OR DROP KICK THE BALL.